Welcome to the first RR blog post of October! I can’t believe we are smack in the middle of Fall already. The months are moving so fast, I can barely keep track anymore! October is one of my favorite months for so many different reasons; The weather becomes more enjoyable, it’s sweater season, time for apple picking, and Halloween!
There are so many fun activities that take place during the month, however, most of those activities are FILLED with sugary sweets and treats. If you’re anything like me, you sometimes may feel a lack of control around tempting treats. I never like restricting myself, because I know I won’t ever feel fulfilled and will ultimately ending up eating whatever I am trying to avoid anyways. Plus, restriction is not healthy. So, as you all know, I love coming up with healthier, guilt-free versions of typical recipes.
One treat I love to make is healthier candy. I went on an Amazon binge (#relatable?) and bought like four separate silicone molds for baking. I honestly don’t know what I was thinking. I purchased this mini brownie bite mold that I had ZERO intention of making mini brownie bites in. However, I totally knew I wanted it for candy making.
Speaking of candy….again. My absolute favorite is Reese’s. Like, whose isn’t? Well, those who are allergic to nuts, I suppose. Bless their hearts. That’s what sunflower seed butter is for? Hmm, maybe a nut-free candy post soon? Let me know in the comments below. ANYWAYS! I felt seriously compelled to make some Reese’s inspired candies that don’t make me feel hella sick when I ingest four at once.
ENTER: Bite-Sized Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bars. Because what is better than regular PB cups? Well, when they are fused with cookie dough OF COURSE. These molds were actually super helpful in making these guys bite-sized and were SO flipping easy to pop out and store in a container in the freezer. *Hint hint.*
So, to keep this short and simple, because this recipe is short and simple, ingredients and directions are listed below! I hope you guys love these addicting bites of goodness as much as I do! Seriously, you won’t even miss the Halloween candy this year. I promise!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey (or agave to make vegan)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- In medium-sized bowl, combine ingredients for peanut butter layer until a dough forms
- With a teaspoon, scoop balls of dough and place in to silicone mold
- Press dough down in mold until it is even and flat
- Place in freezer for half hour
- Microwave chocolate and tbsp of coconut oil until smooth
- Cover each square of pb dough with about 1 tsp of chocolate. Optional- top with sprinkles or toppings of choice
- Place bites in freezer until chocolate has solidified. Pop our bites and store in air-tight container in the freezer.
NOTE: If you do not have the mold, or don’t wish you use a mold, you can use cupcake liners in a cupcake tin. Shape will just be different!